Tuesday, April 12, 2011

short and (not so) sweet

bareMinerals original SPF15 foundation in fair:


First of all: no, no and no! Not my thing although I can kind of see why some people might like mineral foundations. Sure they are easy to apply, they can look natural when applied lightly and it can be a great thing for a people with oily skin.

When I used this first time it was absolutely horrible. It was feeling so so dry on my skin and also itching like hell. Luckily I have been reading about this from different blogs and they were suggesting to give your skin a little bit time to get used to this foundation. The itchy feeling did go away after a week or so.

Main complain for me is the finish and the applying method. When you have extremely dry skin it doesn't like buffing things in. Buffing causes micro exfoliation and makes dry skin irritated. The other thing is that if you want some coverage from this foundation it starts to look so cakey when layering it. I do think minerals need even a tiny bit of oils to look natural and I just don't have that on my winter skin.

So there you go - no go for me - at least in winter. I will let u know if I change my mind at the summer time:)

No comments: