Thursday, February 17, 2011

Estee Lauder DayWear - disaster!!

My beloved Elivo face cream finished and I wanted to try out something new. So I decided to try out this Estee Lauder sample I got from my department store... Big mistake!!



I was wearing this 2 days and then I had to stop because my skin couldn't take it anymore.

Few things about this cream. It has pretty light concistancy, but still feels moisturizing. It has a green tint and fresh sent. It sinks into your skin pretty fast, so it is in that sense good under makeup cream. It also has SPF of 15.

In Finland the temperature is around -30 degrees celsius in this moment. So it's freezing. My skin reacts to this by being very very dry and sensitive. And this face cream did make it so much worse. My forehead got red eczema (after using this cream) and my skin was peeling off and itching. It got so bad that I couldn't even touch my forehead - it was so painful!

I'm aware that this cream isn't ment for dry and sensitive skin. And I would suggest you not to try this if you are prone to any kind of irritation, sensitivity or dryness!! The results can be horrible. I did change my whole skin care regime and my skin got better immediately. I will soon show you guys the products which helped me to get over the irritation this cream did cause me.

No comments: