Thursday, July 22, 2010

Maybelline Super Stay 24h

Product promises:

- resists heat and humidity
- sweat resistant
- non-transfer: won't rub off
- flexible, breathable, all-day comfort
- oil-free - doesn't clog pores
- up to 24hr wear


I had high hopes for this product. Most of the people talking about this in YouTube have given this positive reviews. I wanted to try this when it came out in Finland in last winter, but there wasn't light enough color for me. This light beige 005 is pretty close to my summer skin color, so I was happy to be able to buy this and try it out. I have cool toned skin, more neutral cool than pink cool. This color is more pink cool, so not quite my perfect tone. This foundation is very reasonable priced and there is 30ml of product in it.

The only sad thing is....that I don't have very much positive things to say about except the price. The coverage is pretty good - I would say medium plus, but definetly not full, like some of the YouTubers have been claiming.

You could maby layer this up, but then we come to whats the worst thing (for me) in this product - the finish. It isn't very pretty and if you layer this up, its going to look cakey. I find that the most common turn off for me in drugstore foundations is the finish. I want the foundation (and the makeup in general) make my skin look better, not the same, and definetly not worse!! I have noticed that the most flattering finish for most of the skins is satin. Foundations with a lot of glow can highlight your flaws like pores, and so can the totally mat finish. I feel like this foundation does collect into my pores during the day - a primer does help a bit, but I don't like to use foundation primers daily. My skin in this moment is normal to combination, but at winter it is very dry. And I would imagine that this foundation would look absolutely ghastly in dry, flakey skin. I tried to apply it with my fingers, foundation brush and sponge, and I find that its the same what method you use.



This foundation lasts pretty well, but like I said, it tends to slide into my pores during the day. When it comes to rubbing off - try to rub your face into the white paper when using this, and you will notice that it totally rubs off. So thats that.

It doesn't make me break out, I cannot feel it in my skin, it has SPF and it doesn't make my skin to itch like many other Maybelline foundations. If you are young and you have normal (or oily) skin with no problems, this can be very good foundation for you. If you look for beautiful looking skin and you have some breakouts, mature skin, pores, dry spots, or other problems, I can NOT recommend this for you!

So...I will use this bottle up now at the summer but I'm not going to buy it again.

No comments: