Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dove go fresh body lotion - just don't bother!

picture from: here

This "beauty body lotion" promises to give 24 hour moisture, a cool feeling on your skin and a fresh scent. This lotion is for normal skin (does normal skin need a body lotion one might ask...).

Ok, so let's start on positive note. The scent actually is refreshing (cucumber & green tea). It is pretty strong, so you go from there. I like it anyway. I don't feel like the cooling effect is so strong but it feels nice - and again refreshing - when applied. But...

I always put my lotion after the shower, so I don't really feel like benefiting the "cool sensation". I feel nice and fresh already. The worst thing anyway is that I feel like this lotion actually makes my skin to feel more dry!! After using this one week my skin started to flake pretty badly. I have no idea how can this be, but thats what happened. I feel like summertime my body is normal to dry. I want to apply some lotion because after the shower my skin feels a bit tight. Sure my elbows and knees can be a bit more dry. For sure the promise of 24 hour moisture is absolutely false in my books!

So for everyday lotion this is no go for me! Used once in a while for extra freshness this can be ok. Especially if you like the scent. I have been using this up by mixing it with some olive oil.

No comments: